CHECK THIS OUT!!!




Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Ludacris talks Atlanta, ‘Furious 7′ in Reddit AMA

Ludacris, Jan Jones

Rapper Ludacris, left, plays with the gavel as House Speaker Pro Tempore, Rep. Jan Jones, R-Milton, watches while Ludacris is recognized on the House floor at the Capitol, Thursday, March 19, 2015, in Atlanta. (AP Photo/David Goldman)



Chris Bridges, also known as Ludacris, has a big year coming up — he’s expecting a baby with new wife Eudoxie, his new, basically guaranteed to be a huge blockbuster film “Furious 7,” largely filmed in Atlanta, will be released on April 3, and his ninth album, “Ludaversal,” drops March 31. The Atlanta resident discussed growing up in Atlanta and his new projects during a Reddit AMA with fans last night. Some highlights:


On his favorite place to eat in Atlanta: R. Thomas


On why he still owns his old Acura and calls it his favorite car: Symbolizes me never forgetting where I come from.


On filming “Furious 7″ after Paul Walker’s death: It was very difficult, but we got through it together as a cast, and it brought us all closer together. And we were able to carry on his legacy in this film, in the greatest way possible.


On his high school expereience (he attended Banneker High School in Atlanta): I was the rapper in high school. Basically meaning during lunchtime, I’d be trying to gather a crowd around me to listen to my raps while someone else beatboxed. And my Trapper-Keeper, my notebooks, were filled with rhymes instead of schoolwork.


On taking a picture with Jeb Bush at the Georgia Capitol: I took a picture with Jeb because I was leaving being honored by the House of Representatives in Atlanta, Georgia, at the State Capitol. I was asked “which Bush I liked better?” and I comically said “The bush outside!”


On his most bizarre fan encounter: Most bizarre fan encounter was having a woman-stripper come on my tour bus, and then her mother came on the tour bus, and started stripping for us also.


On who he thinks are the five best rappers in the world: Ludacris, Ludacris, Ludacris, Ludacris, Ludacris


On funny things that happened while he was filming the “Fast and the Furious” movies: Living in London, shooting FAST 6, and this was a year where I vowed to work out every single day of that year, and I was flying in and out of London and back and forth to the United States, and I remember working out even while I was sick… that doesn’t sound fun, I’m trying to think of something fun… BUT something fun is of course driving all the different cars on-screen in all the FAST & FURIOUS movies. I think the most expensive car I drove was a Bugatti. It’s like a spaceship on four wheels.


On if he feels remorse for causing most people to misspell “ludicrous” by saying “Ludacris” instead: Not at all. In fact, I’m happy about it. There’s people that have lost spelling bees because of this. I know, right? Haha!


Luda ended the AMA by thanking his fans and getting in one last plug: “I did enjoy this. Thank you guys so much for being true fans, and make sure you pre-order the album again, right now.”






from Atlanta Music Scene with Melissa Ruggieri http://ift.tt/1N807kM

via IFTTT Promote your music, album, and products on Atlanta's best entertainment talk show, When We Speak, hosted by Jermaine Sain: http://ift.tt/1tBFfHH

No comments:

Post a Comment